Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Friday, July 29, 2016

What I Missed At Dem-Con, Day 4


Missed very little.  Watched most of it last evening.  The highlights:
_________________________________________

Kareem Abdul Jabbar:  "Hello, I'm Michael Jordan and I'm here with Hillary.  I said that because I know Donald Trump couldn't tell the difference!"

Khizr Khan, whose son was an Army captain killed in action in Iraq:  "You [Donald Trump] have sacrificed nothing."


Rev. William Barber, president of the North Carolina NAACP and leader of the Moral Mondays movement:  "I know it may sound strange, but I'm a conservative because I work to conserve a divine tradition that teaches us to do justice, love mercy, and walk humbly with our god."

(I'm not religious, but I thought he was the most powerful speaker of the night.  Tell it, preacher!)

Hillary Clinton:  "A man you can bait with a tweet is NOT a man you can trust with nuclear weapons."


Now the shows are over and we get down to cases.  Go, Hilz, go!
_______________________________________


(Predictably, Trump reacted with a series of peevish late-night insult tweets.  How mature.)

2 comments:

  1. Don't forget Bill napping during Hill's robotic reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I napped through the entirety of the moron's ball, a.k.a. the GOP convention.

    ReplyDelete