Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Wednesday, July 27, 2016

What I Missed At Dem-Con, Day 2


Missed the first two, but caught Bill live and Hil on the video link.
________________________________________

It was history-making day in Philly, as Hillary Clinton officially became the first major-party woman presidential nominee.  Sort of a big deal, I'd say.

Mothers of the Movement (black moms whose children died in racially-charged incidents):  "Hillary Clinton isn't afraid to say that black lives matter."
"In memory of our children, we are imploring all of you to vote on Election Day."

Cecile Richards, president of Planned Parenthood:
"Well, Donald Trump, come November, women are going to be more than an inconvenience.  Women are going to be the reason you're not elected!"

Ol' Bubba: 
"What's the difference from what I told you [about Hillary] and what they [the GOP] said?  One is real.  One is made up.  [The GOP's] only option is to make up a cartoon.  They're running against a cartoon."

Hillary (on video):
"If there are any little girls who stayed up late to watch, let me just say, I may become the first woman president, but one of you is next!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment