Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Friday, July 1, 2016

Billionaires


Donald Trump claims he's worth $10 billion.  "That's one of the nice things.  I mean, part of the beauty of me is I'm very rich.  So if I need $600 million, I can put in $600 million myself."  He refuses to release his tax returns.  His campaign's most recent FEC filing shows $1.2 million on hand.

Why would a multi-billionaire do infomercials and reality TV shows?  Why would Mr. Very Rich bother with the relative peanuts that come from licensing agreements on steaks, water, wine, vodka, suits, jewelry, mattresses, books, magazines, fake universities and buildings?

I'm gonna say it's because he needs the money.  I'm gonna say he's not worth nearly the amount he brag-claims.  I'm gonna say he's not a real billionaire.

Bill Gates and Warren Buffett are real billionaires.  They don't do that shit.

(Click the link for a functioning Trump Calculator.)

http://archive.fortune.com/2015/trump-calculator/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment