Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Thursday, July 28, 2016

What I Missed At Dem-Con, Day 3


Actually, I saw a lot of it.  I did miss Gabby and Panetta and Bloomberg.  Saw Kaine and Uncle Joe and Cousin Barry.
_________________________________

It was Trash Trump Night!

Gabby Giffords:  "Speaking is difficult for me.  Come January, I want to say these two words:  Madame President."

Leon Panetta:  "Trump asks our troops to commit war crimes, endorses torture, and praises dictators."

Tim Kaine:  "He's a slick-talking, empty-promising, self-promoting, one-man wrecking crew!"

Michael Bloomberg:  "I'm a New Yorker, and New Yorkers know a con when we see one.  Trump says he wants to run the nation like he's running his business?  God help us."

Joe Biden:  "No major-party nominee in history has known less or been less prepared.  He has no clue, period."

President Obama:  "Donald Trump . . ." [a chorus of boos erupted] ". . . Don't boo.  Vote!  He's not really a plans guy.  Not really a facts guy either.  Does anyone really believe that a guy who's spent his 70 years on this earth showing no regard for working people is suddenly going to be your champion?  Your voice?"

No comments:

Post a Comment