I have an acqaintance, Susan, from Florida. We're Facebook friends.
Almost all her commenters enthusiastically agreed with her, in their own special misspelled, ungrammatical ways.
- It was a "double standard" to cancel Roseanne but not cancel The View.
- Joy Behar is a toxic snake who threatened Trump's life. (She did not.)
- Racism is everywhere so it's "hypocritical" to single out poor Roseanne.
- Leave her on the air and use her show for "education."
There was only one guy who swam against the tide, called out the racism and said he was glad Roseanne was gone. I couldn't let him fly solo, so I gave him a "like" and posted this:
Sorry Susan, but you and the commenters agreeing with you are all wet. Roseanne's words were blatantly racist. Her firing was entirely appropriate. She has a long track record of racism, as does her buddy Dolt 45. Those who support either of them are at least implicitly racist too, although they never seem to recognize it in themselves. All the comments about The View, etc. miss the mark -- the usual false equivalencies and bogus what-aboutism.
- Why was I labeling people as racists over a difference of opinion? (There's no "opinion." What she said was racist. That is fact.)
- Was I implying that anyone who voted for Trump was a racist? (Wasn't implying it, was saying it straight out. Trump's racism was and is obvious. If you voted for him and still support him, you must approve of his racism. Therefore, you're a racist too. QED.)
- I'm an idiot liberal. (I'll take an IQ test if you will.)
- Hillary is untrustworthy. (Like Trump isn't? Why did Hillary enter this topic, and when will the righties get over their obsession with her?)
My only "like" came from the guy I mentioned. I'll probably get some more love notes from the Roseanne/Trump apologists. They should watch this: