Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Monday, December 4, 2017

"We Didn't Know. So That Makes It OK, Right?"


As the cheese gets more binding in the Mueller-Russia probe, one of the fake president's lawyers today asserted that "the president cannot obstruct justice because he is the nation's chief law enforcement officer."

Trump immediately tweeted his agreement, saying, "Yeah.  What he said."

When informed that Richard Nixon claimed during the Watergate scandal that "when the president does it, that means it is not illegal," and that lame-ass argument didn't fly, both Trump and his lawyer, John Dowd, said they were very busy back in those days and were unaware of that fact.

"D'oh!"

Dowd, who made his name investigating serial liar Pete Rose and now earns his paycheck representing another, said he worked as a Justice Dept. tax attorney back then and was astonished to finally learn today that a president can in fact obstruct justice.  "I was super-busy in the 1970's, but wow," said Dowd.  "Who'da thunk?  Not me."
"So I can't obstruct justice?
What the hell's the good
of being president?"

Trump said, "Well, I'm not a lawyer.  But I will tell you that between grabbing pussies all night in the clubs and spending all day evicting black people from my father's apartment buildings, I had no time to spare back then.  I never even heard of Watergate until I moved to Washington this year.  So I'm in the clear, right?"

No comments:

Post a Comment