Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Monday, December 4, 2017

Putting The "Public" Back Into Public Lands?


Donnie Destructo went to Utah today to reduce the size of two federally protected national monuments by approximately 60%, from 3.25 million acres down to 1.3 million acres.  The move will give control of the federally-owned land, site of Native American ruins, to the state.  Utah Republicans are anxious to open up the area to oil and gas drilling, mining, and other such exploitation.

Mr. Destructo said his decision "will restore public lands to the public."  Huh?

I'll be heading to Utah soon with my drilling rig, fracking fluid, picks, shovels and dynamite, so I can start raping and pillaging all those public lands for my personal private gain.  That's what Teddy Roosevelt intended, isn't it?

Or did Teddy intend endless lawsuits?  Because that what Donnie Waddlebutt and Stinky Zinke are about to get.

No comments:

Post a Comment