Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Sunday, December 24, 2017

Trump Apologizes For Ill-Timed Honesty


MAR-A-LAGO, Florida -- Fake president Donald Trump has issued an apology to his financial backers and to the Republican party after inadvertently telling the truth on Friday night.  During a dinner discussion of the new tax cut plan with wealthy members of his Mar-a-Lago club, Trump blurted out, "You all just got a lot richer." 

Afterward, an obviously contrite Trump said, "I regret my momentary lack of message discipline, and I'm sorry.  I promise I won't let it happen again."  The billionaire real estate executive and reality TV character explained that, "I got carried away for a second, surrounded by all those tacky gold furnishings and all my $200,000 club members.  I was so proud of myself, I just messed up and told the truth."

"I know my timing wasn't the best," he admitted, but then said, "I think I've done a good job in selling the fiction that the tax plan is a middle-class tax cut which won't benefit wealthy people like me at all.  If I can just stick to that story, I'm pretty sure I can keep fooling a lot of suckers . . . uh, I mean citizens."

Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said, "We're not particularly concerned by this.  The president's track record for prevarication is second to none, and we're sure this one brief moment of honesty won't be remembered very long.  He'll get back to lying his ass off soon enough."


 

No comments:

Post a Comment