Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Friday, December 29, 2017

Assignment: Compare And Contrast


OK class, here's your assignment from Professor Buster:

Read the words of Barack Obama (as shared former federal prosecutor Joyce White Vance, and confirmed by former federal prosecutor Preet Bharara) and those of Donald Trump (quoted in a Thursday NY Times interview), then in 500 words or less, compare and contrast their attitudes toward the U.S. Dept. of Justice and their visions of their personal role regarding same.  Have it on my desk tomorrow morning.

 Pinned Tweet
Thrilled to join U Alabama Law School & continue focus on important issues of criminal justice reform & civil rights

  1.   Retweeted
    This is true. I was there.


"I have the absolute right to do what I want to do with the Justice Department."
-- Trump


(Hint:  There's very little comparison.  It's pretty much all contrast.)

No comments:

Post a Comment