Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Thursday, May 25, 2017

Thoughts On History From Two Eminent Thinkers


"American history is longer, larger, more various, more beautiful and more terrible than anything anyone has ever said about it."
                                                      -- James Baldwin, author

"Surely our current situation as a country teaches us again the importance of history."
                                                      -- Sister Miriam Corcoran, SCN*

*Sister Miriam is the great aunt of my nephew's wife.  Her quote is taken from a lovely personal note she recently sent me.  My "little Sis" is a hell of a gal!  Am I allowed to say that about a nun?



No comments:

Post a Comment