Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Thursday, May 18, 2017

I Will Not "Thank Paul Ryan"


Yes, I'm fond of slamming slimy, misleading "issue" ads -- the kind paid for by shadowy, dark money sources and usually ending with a command to "thank" some lawmaker who has done their bidding.

Well, I'm gonna do it again.  Forgive my repetition, but I can't help myself.  Because this one is a record-setting dung heap, literally fact-free:  




It's 30 seconds of delusion and self-congratulation for the ACHA, the Republican House plan to kick 24 million people off health insurance, throw sick and old people under the bus, and give hundreds of billions of dollars in tax cuts to the wealthiest Americans.  Yeah, that one -- roundly panned, hugely unpopular, and DOA in the Senate.  Congratulations are not in order.

The spot is from the American Action Network, a conservative 501 (c) (4) with a history of deceptive political advertising.

Paul Ryan's fabulous health care plan may very well kill me.  I will not be thanking him for anything, short of jumping off a goddam cliff. 


No comments:

Post a Comment