Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Sunday, October 2, 2016

Ta Ta For Now!


A North Carolina reader hasn't figured out how to not open emails or not click on links.  He recently sent me the following:

Hey Buster,

Hope all is well...please take me off your list until after the election...I have had my fill of political posts, and I have already unfollowed some family members and friends on Facebook because of it.  For the record, I wouldn't vote Hillary if she was the only candidate running.  I'm voting Gary Johnson!

Thanks!


Poor lad.  I accommodated his request, then sent him this reply:

OK then. TTFN.
 Libertarianism -- a phase most of us outgrew while we were still in college.  A half-baked philosophy of government so great it has never been implemented by any country ever.
And that Gary Johnson!  He's "interesting."  For the record, I wouldn't vote for him for dog catcher.

Here's one more just for you:


No comments:

Post a Comment