Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Sunday, January 1, 2017

Sore Loser, Sore Winner


When I got a gag gift for Christmas, I installed it in my bathroom and took a photo of it.  Here it is:

 I shared it on my Facebook page and got the expected likes and a few comments.  One of the comments was from an old acquaintance (and misguided Trump voter) who suggested I was a "sore loser" who should "give him a chance like Obama had."

Give him a chance?  I suppose I have no choice, only to the extent there is no practical way to prevent him from being sworn into office in a couple weeks.  That's about all the "chance" Republicans gave to Obama as they dedicated themselves to eight solid years of monolithic opposition and obstruction.

But I will not give him a chance to harm the country by reversing fifty years of progress with his half-baked brain farts and midnight tweets.  I will not sit in silent acquiescence as McConnell and Ryan use him to implement their regressive agenda.  I will speak out, act out, write out, show up and do whatever I can to protest against the madness, and hopefully to stop it.  I may not succeed, but I have to try.

If my refusal to be "supportive" and to stop saying "mean" (true) things about Little Donnie Pixie Fingers makes me a "sore loser," so be it.  He is a dangerous accident, an unqualified, insecure, divisive charlatan with a short fuse and no filters.  If we are to survive the next four years without a Trump-induced catastrophe, a Cheeto-dusted flock of supportive sheep will be of no use.  Instead, it will take organized and informed sore-loser citizens holding conservatives to account and calling them out on every bit of their injustice, hypocrisy, corruption and greed.  

So I'm sorry, dear readers, if I'm something less than a gracious loser.  We're not talking about some little old football game here.

Meanwhile, the epidermally delicate Mango Man-Baby remains something less than gracious himself.  His twisted "Happy New Year" tweet shows him yet again as the childish, charmless egomaniac he truly is.  You might call him a sore winner.



Happy New Year to all, including to my many enemies and those who have fought me and lost so badly they just don't know what to do. Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment