Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Monday, January 16, 2017

Busy Sunday, Part 1


Anyone for a little activism on a Sunday afternoon?  I was up for it.

My day began with the WMW Ohio Sister March in downtown Columbus.  This was one of 50 similar demonstrations in 25 states on this day, as a prelude to the January 21st Women's March on Washington, a day after the inauguration of you-know-who.  The point of these marches is to stand strong for women's rights and all human rights, and to stand in opposition to the Terrible Mr. Twitter Fingers, the Pussy-Grabber-In-Chief.


This was a very cool event.  We started from COSI on W. Broad St. and marched across the bridge and up to the Statehouse, where we circled the building.  (It's a big building!)  Marchers were both women and men, and there were lots of pink pussycat hats, and many clever signs.  (I really liked "Now You've Pissed Off Grandma!")

The morning paper put the number of participants at "2000 or more."  I'd say that estimate was low, by a lot.  Whatever the number, it was significant and inspiring event.

And I made it home in time to see the end of the Ohio State basketball game.  We won!








No comments:

Post a Comment