Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Thursday, February 25, 2010

Gay Marriage (2008)


(From the Buster Gammons column of 12/22/08)

Out on the left coast in California, they’re just all twisted into knots over gay marriage. Some cities and the state Supreme Court said it was OK, then the voters approved Prop 8, which banned it statewide, then AG Jerry Brown said Prop 8 is unconstitutional and wants the court to overturn it. Jeez! In Buster’s opinion, much ado about nuthin’. To each his own. Gay marriage poses no threat to conventional marriage. How is my marriage threatened by where you stick your dick? Why should I care? I say you should be able to marry any man, woman, or farm animal of your choice. The American Association of Divorce Lawyers awaits your future business.

No comments:

Post a Comment