Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Thursday, June 2, 2016

Paulie Smallnuts Finally Drinks The Kool-Aid


"And as of today, there's bacon in the sky
and the devil is ice-skating."
I suppose it was inevitable.  After a month of completely understandable indecision, Squeaker of the House Paulie Smallnuts (Rep. Paul Ryan - R, Wis.) has finally "endorsed" Donald Trump.  It happened in a brief, unenthusiastic pro forma op-ed piece in his tiny hometown newspaper.  I'm sure it resulted from endless arm-twisting, threats, and promises of cash to be given or withheld.

Mr. Smallnuts does not like Mr. Trump and does not believe him any more than I do.  But Mr. Smallnuts always does what he's told.  He doesn't want to run as Romney's VP, "But OK, if you really want me to, I will."  He doesn't really want to balance the budget by slashing benefits to seniors and the middle class while giving tax cuts to the wealthy, but Grover Norquist and the Kochs have informed him that there's just no other way.  He has absolutely no interest in becoming Speaker of the House, "But, oh fuck it, if you say so, OK."

And now he's been told to endorse the hideous, tiny-fingered vulgarian idiot and, against his own better judgment, he has.  Because that's what he does -- what the rich and powerful tell him to do.  "Ahh!  That was some really good Kool-Aid!  Thanks!  Yes, it's all clear to me now -- Trump will be just fine."

Right.

If anyone can explain to me what possible good results from all the spineless corporate weasels in the Republican Party, please let me know.  I'm all ears.


No comments:

Post a Comment