Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Monday, March 19, 2018

Welcome To My New Reader In Las Vegas!


On her recent trip to Las Vegas, the lovely Mrs. Gammons met up with a dear old friend who's lived out there for many years.  (I stayed home, but Mrs. Gammons did enough partying and gambling for both of us.)

Times being what they are, the topic of Trump came up and our friend (whose French-ified first name has often been mispronounced as Cindy, Sandy or Sardine) confessed that she had actually voted for that asshole, but quickly realized the error of her ways and now has deep regrets about it.  Mrs. Gammons told her that I wrote a blog post where I said I wanted a personal apology from Trump voters.  (See the link.)

https://bustergammons.blogspot.com/2017/08/gut-check-for-my-trump-voting.html

Being a true friend -- dilly dilly! -- Cindy/Sandy/Sardine apologized profusely and said, "Oh god, please tell Buster how sorry I am and I swear I'll never do it again!"   She said thought a business person might make a good president.  (Oops.  Now she knows why we'd never elected one before.)

Love ya, Sardine!  Apology accepted, and I thank you.  We've all made poor decisions of one sort or another.  What's important is that we learn from them.  Toward that educational end, as a new reader you're now able to partake of the wisdom (or whatever) of Buster's Blog.  Oh goody!

And as penance for your terrible Trump vote, you must vote for all the Democratic candidates in all upcoming elections.  Deal?

Hope I'm able to catch up with you next time out there in L.V.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment