Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Sunday, March 18, 2018

UMBC Retrievers Are Barking With Joy!


And well they should!  Retrievers are dogs, and the University of Maryland-Baltimore County Retrievers are the ultimate underdog.  Friday night the underdog prevailed in a historic victory over the top-ranked, #1-in-the-nation Virginia Cavaliers in the NCAA men's basketball tournament.  Never, ever, ever had a sacrificial-lamb #16 seed defeated a #1 seed.  Now it has -- a deliriously improbable and delightful upset.

UMBC busted a million brackets, including mine.  (I had UVa winning it all.)  However, since my Buckeyes were bounced yesterday, and since I have family and deep roots in Baltimore and environs, . . .

Go UMBC!  Go Retrievers!  All the way!!

Why not?  Wouldn't it be fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment