Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Sunday, February 18, 2018

An Ass Taking A Butt


(I'm a little late with this one.  The Winter Olympics just haven't grabbed me this time, and anything you see happened pretty much yesterday.  Plus a few other things have occupied my time and attention. Oh well!)
_____________________________________


Last fall when many NFL players took a knee during the anthem in protest of police brutality, V.P. Mike Pence said there was no place for politics in the world of sports.

The very next thing he did was inject politics into sports.  At a Colts home game where he knew some players would be kneeling, Pence made a big show of walking out early in a premeditated huff.  Kneeling for the anthem!  Harrumph!  Harrumph!

At the opening ceremonies of the PyeongChang Olympic Games, Pence pointedly remained seated as the Unified Korean team was introduced -- more deliberate political posturing from Pence at an athletic event.  It was an insult to his hosts, and it effectively copy-catted the same form of protest he found so intolerable when employed by those awful (black) NFL players.



Pence is so dense (Dense Pence?  I like it!) he doesn't see what a hypocritical moralizing moron he truly is.
______________________________________


This post was inspired by a blogger I stumbled upon who calls himself Tubular Sock.  Tube's a wild and creative man who calls 'em as he sees 'em.  Obviously, I swiped the image from him. 





No comments:

Post a Comment