Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Sunday, January 7, 2018

The Corleones Had It Right





Don Vito, Michael and the Corleone family knew differently, and made sure poor Fredo was kept a safe distance away from anything resembling actual power and authority.  Conserva-tard American voters should take a lesson.

______________________

I realize I'm in Captain Obvious territory here, but I must again point out:
  • Someone who calls a press conference to proclaim himself both mentally stable and a genius is neither.  (Is a "stable genius" some sort of expert on horses' asses?)
  • Someone who must always brag about his business acumen has very little.
  • A person who says, "That is what I do, is I do things proper," is undoubtedly improper, grammatically and otherwise.
  • A person who constantly says, "Believe me" is lying.
______________________

Yesterday, Donald Demento issued a statement on the Russia investigation:

"It's making our country look foolish, and it's not going to look foolish as long as I'm here."

Well, that's somewhat less garbled than usual -- a pretty nice try by the fake president.  But there were two errors in word choice (highlighted) which ruined the message.  Allow Buster to make the corrections:

Change "It's" to "I'm" and delete "not."  Voila!  Perfect!


No comments:

Post a Comment