Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Cryptic Comment To "Get Out" Post


In a post two days ago, "If You're Not One, Then Get Out," I suggested that with the GOP's servile embrace of Trump's obvious bigotry, the party had allowed racism and xenophobia to become its defining message, that identifying oneself as a Republican today is becoming the equivalent of saying, "I'm a racist," and that self-respecting non-racists ought to simply leave the Republican party.

Yesterday I received this rather mystifying comment:


My dear boy, please take a step to the right. If you do not, you may suddenly find yourself standing on the other side of the "fence" having become one of the "____ists" you so fervently purport to despise.
ReplyDelete


So if I don't move to the right, I'll become a racist?  How does one arrive at that conclusion?

Too weird for me.  Does Mr. Anonymous think I'm Antifa?  Is he in Alex Jones conspiracy theory territory?  Is the 4:12 a.m. time stamp a clue?

Explanations/translations welcomed.


2 comments:

  1. My dear old friend, to the left, absolutely. A racist, never! I've read Buster almost from the get go, & I've always found your senior, white male opins to be everything but racist. Surely, it's meant to be NUDist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that could be it. He's warning me against becoming a nudist! Good advice -- it's cold out there.

      Delete