Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Tuesday, August 8, 2017

The Fake President Replies To My Email. I Analyze His Signature.


The GOP scheme to repeal and replace Obamacare died on the Senate floor in the wee hours of July 28th.  In a July 31st post, I shared that I'd just sent an email to the White House in the wake of that failure.  In my email, I referred to the occupant as "Mr. Fake President," commented on his "ludicrous hair-do," and called him a "vengeful kindergarten tyrant" for threatening to sabotage the ACA.  I told him to stop his "hissy fits and bullying bullshit, and pay the damn CSR's!" (the cost-sharing subsidies which reduce insurance deductibles and co-pays).

Much to my surprise, I received a reply -- actually two replies, one on August 3rd and another on August 7th.  As befits this incompetent administration, they inexplicably sent the same reply twice and it had absolutely nothing to do my request that the CSR's be funded.  It included a link to a May 4th press release.  WTF?

Here it is.  And how about that fake presidential signature?  Is it done with a Sharpie?  (More on the signature below.)

The White House, Washington

Dear Robert, I mean Buster:
Thank you for taking the time to express your views regarding healthcare policy.
Healthcare is a large and complex part of the economy that affects every person and family in America. Due to Obamacare, healthcare premiums continue to rise, while healthcare options continue to disappear. Under Obamacare, our healthcare system is imploding. That is why we must repeal and replace Obamacare with reforms that expand choice, increase access, lower costs and, at the same time, encourage quality healthcare and innovation.
Since my first day as President, we have been working to save Americans from Obamacare’s failures. On my first day in office, I signed an executive order to minimize Obamacare’s regulatory burdens and to give states greater flexibility and authority to create a more open healthcare market. And I have worked ever since with Congress to enact permanent reforms that will finally address the needs of our healthcare system.
My Administration will work to replace Obamacare with a system that meets several critical objectives. Obamacare’s replacement should ensure that Americans with pre-existing conditions have access to coverage. Additionally, it should provide a stable transition for those currently enrolled in Obamacare’s health exchanges and Medicaid expansion. And it should use tax credits and expanded Health Savings Accounts to help Americans purchase healthcare coverage of their own choosing.
Thank you again for your suggestions. Please visitwww.WhiteHouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/05/04/house-advances-american-health-care-act to read more about my health care policy. As President, I am committed to providing Americans with more affordable health insurance, access to more choices, and quality care.
Sincerely,
Donald Trump
Visit WhiteHouse.gov

What do you make of a horrifying autograph like his?  Handwriting experts have said it shows anger and a craving for power and control.  Some said it's quite similar to Heinrich Himmler's signature.

What does it look like to you?  Some thoughts:

  • An annoying sound frequency
  • The Black Gate of Mordor
  • A Richter Scale printout
  • A Sanger sequencing chart of contaminated DNA
  • A polygraph of a squirrel on meth

No comments:

Post a Comment