Type the word "cops" into the Buster's Blog search window at top left (desktop version, not mobile) and see how many posts are found. Way too many.
"It is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without at the same time condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard."
Immediately, if not sooner:
- Across the nation, throw out "the book" on policing practices, because the book sucks. We need a new and improved book, emphasizing de-escalation techniques and options other than lethal force.
- All law enforcement personnel are subject to thorough psychological testing. We need to weed out the unfit, and we need to be ruthless about it.
- All cops everywhere must wear and use body cameras, as well as dash cams. No excuses. If cameras are not worn, not working, not turned on, the police and city will face penalties and fines, and police testimony in such instances will be inadmissible in court.
- Body cam/dash cam videos will be turned over to independent authorities for review, and the videos will be released to the public promptly.
- No more internal investigations, no more police chiefs deciding how things will play out, no more delays of months and years while everybody gets their story straight, no more laws prohibiting the release of body cam/dash cam videos.
Stephen Colbert on the topic:https://youtu.be/jFe501SZkvQ