Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Thursday, December 4, 2014

One Of Life's Unwritten Rules


I was out running around today making a couple calls when I stopped at a Frisch's restaurant for a quick lunch.  It was semi-late for lunch and the place wasn't crowded.  After my food was served, another man was seated a couple booths behind me.  From that direction, I suddenly heard these odd little clicking noises.

Casually, I took a peek and here was this guy clipping his fingernails right there on his table!  WTF?  And he's not going after just one little hangnail.  No, he's doing the full set of ten -- clik-clik-clik, and stuff is flying everywhere.  Hey, stay classy, dude!

Among life's many unwritten rules:  You don't cut your fingernails in public.  You just don't.  Not at school, not at work, not at the shopping mall, and sure as hell not in a friggin' restaurant!  It's never an emergency, but if you just can't wait until you're home, at least do it in the restroom!

Some people!  I was just glad he didn't follow up by trimming his toenails!





1 comment:

  1. Yeah!I'm a professional nail tech and have been for forty years now. No one has ever cut their nails in my presence and I hope they have the good sense not to because they're going to get my 2 cents worth about it and then I'll direct them to this blog entry, too! It needs to be stamped out and I think you and I might be able to get this act banned altogether. What do you say ?

    ReplyDelete