Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Sunday, November 12, 2017

"I Believe That He Believes He Didn't Do It."


On a state visit to Vietnam, Donnie Waddlebutt got all tangled up in his "beliefs."

Regarding Russian interference in our 2016 election, on Saturday our fake president said this:  "He [Putin] said he didn't meddle.  I asked him again.  And I believe, I really believe he means it.  I think he is very insulted by it."

As for the four U.S. intelligence agencies which concluded that the Russian government did indeed work to influence our election, "Gimme a break!  They [the intelligence agencies and their leaders] are political hacks.  President Putin very strongly, vehemently says he had nothing to do with it."

"I'm lying again, and I don't give a shit."
Then on Sunday, the Lyin' King attempted a reboot, self-translating his previous remarks like so:  "What I said -- and I'm surprised there's any conflict on this -- what I said there is that I believe he believes that, and that's very important for someone to believe.  I believe that he feels he and Russia did not meddle.  As to whether I believe it or not, I'm with our agencies."

Wow!  That's a spectacularly tortured word salad.  For a congenital, constant liar, you'd think he'd be better at it by now.

Imagine our history if other presidents had been such stupidly compromised liars.

John F. Kennedy:  "I believe Kruschev believes there are no Russian missiles in Cuba."

Franklin Roosevelt:  "I believe the Japanese ambassador believes there was no attack on Pearl Harbor."

Dolt 45 wraps up his Asian "diplomatic" tour today with a state visit to his role model, Philippine strongman dictator Rodrigo Duterte, of whom Trump said, "I believe he believes he's not a murderous thug."

No comments:

Post a Comment