Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Friday, January 13, 2012

Romney To America: "You're Just Jealous. Now Go To Your Room And Be Quiet!"


Mitt Romney says that President Obama uses "the politics of envy" and is "encouraging the idea of dividing America based on the 99% versus the 1%, and those people who have been most successful will be in the one percent. It's fine to talk about those things in quiet rooms. But the president has made it part of his campaign. Everywhere he goes we hear him talking about millionaires and billionaires and executives and Wall Street. It's a very envy-oriented, attack-oriented approach."

It's not envy. What you have, Mitt, I do not want. And I'm not a dreamy idealist -- I don't expect a world with perfect equality. But I don't see how it's divisive to want an economy, a society, that works a little better for the masses, not just the super-wealthy few.

Apparently, this thought offends the billionaires. I'm sorry. I'll go to my quiet room and shut up.

No comments:

Post a Comment