Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Thursday, January 12, 2012

Mystery Solved -- No Hackers, Just Pilot Error

Whenever I add some new posts, I usually send an email to those on the Buster's Blog list, and include in it a link to the site. But the link in my last email was a little different. When you clicked it, you were redirected to "The Mega-Site For Biblical Studies". Seriously. And given the nature of this blog, sending would-be readers to a religious website is both cute and ironic.

At first, I thought I'd somehow been hacked by God-Squaders with a sense of humor, or maybe by disciples of St. Timothy the Virgin. Nope. I hacked myself with my own fat fingers. The correct link is to "blogspot.com". Evidently, I managed to drop the "s" and so had it as "blogpot". And just like that, you're off to the Biblical Mega-Site.

Strange, huh? Blogpot. Do Christian fundamentalists have something against the letter S? Wait, I think I hear the Church Lady:


"Whose name begins with a big letter S? Could it be . . . Satan??

1 comment:

  1. And I woulda thought Blogpot woulda had to do with the over due legalization of pot, at least for medical purposes and not a biblical site.

    ReplyDelete