Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Gotta Cover My Ass


DISCLAIMER: This article, including any and all images, is for the sole use of the author and may contain confidential and/or over-privileged information, pertaining to writing/reporting conducted under the supervision and influence of the author and/or Boodle’s British Gin, is the property of the author and his late mother, and is otherwise protected from disclosure. This article does not represent in any way the policies, positions or opinions of blogger.com, myself, my homeowners association, my wife, my sister, my friends, my neighbors, my lawyer or my dog. Don’t quote me on that. Don’t quote me on anything. Ever. For external use only. For a limited time only. Unauthorized review, tweeting, blogging, re-blogging, tumblring, liking, redistributing, of any such information contained within this article and/or its image(s) for profit and without written permission is strictly prohibited. Violators will be executed. This article is void where prohibited. Sentences are limited while words last. Author is not liable for damages arising from use or misuse. I claim no responsibility if sniffling, sneezing, coughing, aching, stuffy head, fever, excessive nose hair, crying spells, slurred speech, or the condition known as hotdog fingers develops. If this story begins to smoke, step away immediately. That is not normal. You are on fire. Read only with proper ventilation. Do not operate a motor vehicle or heavy machinery after reading. Avoid extreme temperatures and store in a cool, dry place. Text may contain explicit materials some readers may find objectionable. Keep away from pets and small children. Are you really still reading this? Thanks, dear. I love you. All rights reserved. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is unintentional and purely coincidental. Please read at your own risk. Do not bend, fold, spindle or mutilate. Text is provided as-is without any warranties. Reader assumes full responsibility. This is an equal opportunity story. Avoid contact with eyes and skin, and avoid inhaling fumes. Safety goggles may be required during use. Smoking this story could be hazardous to your health. This story is gluten-free. If ingested and the aroma of burnt cheese results, consult a physician. If you are still reading this story after four hours, consult a physician immediately. Contents may settle during shipment. Use only as directed. Freshest if read before expiration date. Contains a substantial amount of non-active ingredients. No animals were harmed during the making of this article. Except one and that was a terrible tragedy. R.I.P., Mr. Pickles. Colors may fade in time. All rights still reserved. Other restrictions may apply. Do not remove this disclaimer under penalty of law. Terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.


(More or less stolen from Jennifer Daniel, NY Times, 1/22/12)

1 comment: