Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Monday, June 26, 2017

Sen. Ron Johnson Blames It All On Me. P.S. -- He's An Asshole


On Meet The Press, Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) explained that people who have pre-existing health conditions are like wrecked used cars -- damaged goods whose owners deserve to pay higher insurance rates.  What he really means is folks with costly medical problems, like me, don't deserve "normal" health coverage at all.  Because we're just too damn expensive to cover.  People like me must be relegated to the ice floe of high-risk pools, so ordinary people can pay a bit less.  Ron says that premium increases have nothing to do with profiteering insurance companies and rubber-stamp state insurance departments.  No, it's actually all my fault.

Ron is an asshole.



No comments:

Post a Comment