Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Thursday, March 24, 2016

Where Would You Rather Be?


Here's a pic from the final White House concert performance of the Obama administration, an appreciation of the late Ray Charles.  Barack (my cousin Barry) and Michelle got up on stage to join in the fun with Usher, Brittany Howard of the Alabama Shakes, Andra Day and others.  Everybody's havin' fun.  I love the First Couple's style and musical taste, and the President's willingness to bust a dad-move in public.  You go, Cuz!



























Meanwhile, in a tacky Florida country club, some tacky country singer serenaded the tacky Donald Trump with a tacky version of "Stand By Me" -- "So Donald, DON-ald, Stand by us, Oh stand by us."   Donald and his guest Ben Carson busted their best dad-moves -- awkward immobility.  Dr. Ben is praying to get the hell out of there.  I feel ya, Ben.



I believe the two photos speak for themselves, but you may draw your own conclusions.


No comments:

Post a Comment