Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Ask A Stupid Question, . . .


So, I was watching one of the network evening news shows tonight -- (Why do I torment myself with such superficial drivel?) -- and they made reference to yet another friggin' poll.  Regurgitating endless poll results is what passes for journalism these days.  "Ooh, look!  Shiny object!  Poll numbers!"

The talking head informed me that this particular poll of the moment indicated that "66% of young Bernie Sanders supporters said they would be 'disappointed' if Hillary Clinton is the Democratic nominee."

Well, no shit, Sherlock!  And what was the brilliant question that produced this illuminating response?  Who's disappointed when their favorite candidate doesn't make it?  EVERYBODY!  

It would be unnatural if Bernie's people didn't feel let down if Hilz turns out to be the nominee.  They'll be a hell of a lot more disappointed in November if it turns out to be President Trump!

Some polls are stupid.  Don't be stupid.  Just vote!  And vote smart.


No comments:

Post a Comment