Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Friday, July 28, 2017

Buster Breathes Easy This Morning


The lovely Mrs. Gammons woke me at 6:00 this morning to report that the "skinny repeal" had failed in the Senate.  For now, Buster breathes a sigh of relief.  I'm grateful for the "no" votes of Senators Collins, Murkowski, and, in a surprisingly non-d'bag moment, John McCain.  I have nothing but scorn for my own weak-kneed, lily-livered, spineless nancy-boy Senator, Robbie Portman.

McCain was a real surprise.  Do you suppose he returned from the cancer ward to the Senate and voted "yes" on the motion to proceed, just so he could vote "no" on the ill-conceived repeal bill?  Is he really that much of a sly fox, is he that calculating, or did he want to come back to D.C. just to give the finger to Trump?  Don't know, don't care.  Whatever his motivation, he did the right thing.  Obamacare lives!

My heartfelt thanks go to all those good people who took time to write, call, or email their Senators to oppose the GOP's vile repeal attempt.  I truly appreciate it.  Sometimes, little actions really do help.


"Almost everything you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it."
--  Mahatma Gandhi






No comments:

Post a Comment