Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Sunday, December 22, 2013

How Y'All, Youse and You Guys Talk


Try this fun little "dialect quiz."  After answering 25 questions about the way you speak, the program will give you the three towns/cities with speech patterns most similar to yours, and the three least similar to yours.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013/12/20/sunday-review/dialect-quiz-map.html?r=8044400104000s2000j00040204001050j0jj10020020l0400

Buster is evidently Mr. Midwest.  My 3 most similar cities are Cleveland, Akron and Rockford, IL.  My 3 least similar are Boston, Cambridge and Springfield -- all Massachusetts.  If I tried to pahk the cah in Hahvahd Yahd, I guess no one would believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment