Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Another Reason Why I Love My Cousin Barry. And Michelle Too!



Even with all today's technology and YouTube and TiVo and WiFi this and that and I don't know what all, the vast majority of my video consumption remains in three broad categories -- live sports, news and news-like stuff, and old movies.

In a minor exception to my general rule, tonight I watched "The Kennedy Center Honors", from the Performing Arts Center in NYC. Was well aware of these annual awards, but can't say I ever watched 'em before. One of tonight's honoree's was old jazzman sax player Sonny Rollins.

The Kennedy winners do not perform; they sit and let others do it in their honor. As a pair of righteous combos played their respects to the ancient Mr. Rollins, who could be seen in the box seats head-bobbin' and groovin' and gettin' right down in the rhythm? Our Prez and the First Woman. They were clearly into it. Just like me.

Can you seriously imagine Dubya and Laura catchin' a little jazz fever? Mitt Romney? Newt? Bachmann? Ron Paul bustin' a move??!! Santorum? -- he'd have to kill himself in the name family values.

Gimme Barack and Michelle any day. Every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment