Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I Guess She Doesn't Like It



The featured letter to the editor in today's Columbus Dispatch was from one Ardeth Distelhorst of Grove City, who was compelled to offer her assessment of a popular TV show, Two-And-A-Half Men. (Why the Dispatch felt compelled to print her little hissy fit, I can't say, but it's pretty much par for the course for our wimpy local rag.)

I have no idea who she is, but in my mind's eye, I see someone named Ardeth Distelhorst as a bluenose spinster in a prairie dress and a bonnet, with a well-thumbed thesaurus. 'Cause Ardeth sure loves her adjectives. She describes Two-And-A-Half Men as "atrocious", "trash", "abnormal", "obscene", and "garbage" and says the show "features crudity, vulgarity, explicit sexual references, and talk of personal bodily functions . . . as well as sexual promiscuity."

Yes, it does, Ardeth. Which is precisly why I LOVE IT! Some of us enjoy a little low-brow humor from time to time. If you don't, change the fucking channel!

No comments:

Post a Comment