Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Thursday, March 11, 2010

Canada 1, Alaska 0



Sarah Palin has been among the most vocal critics of health insurance reform. She's just doing her civic duty by warning all of us about the big government takeover with the job killin' socialized medicine and the death panels and the rationed care and all that other stuff the Democrats want to cram down our throats. 'Cause it would be just like that awful Canadian system.

Turns out that, as a young girl, Sarah lived in a small rural town just across the border from Whitehorse, Canada. And Palin now admits that "We used to hustle over the border for health care we received in Canada. It was better, cheaper and more convenient than anything we were gonna find in, you know, Bumfuck, Alaska. I still remember those doctors in Whitehorse -- the McKenzie brothers, Bob and Doug. They were nice. And while my brother and I were there gettin', you know, the health care, my parents would step outside, shoot a couple of moose and knock back some Molsons while they were waitin'. Then we'd hustle back across the border and go home. And I think now, isn't that ironic?"

Ironic at the very least.

No comments:

Post a Comment