Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Saturday, March 20, 2010

Home Depot Sets New Record


The other day, I went to Home Depot and bought two packs of yard bags and a spray bottle of Roundup. Three items total, cost about $10. Pictured at right is the register receipt for this transaction. It's two inches wide and a record-setting eight feet long. It includes the actual receipt, a gift receipt ("Happy Anniversary, Dear. I got you weedkiller!"), a long paragraph on their return policy, a longer paragraph describing how to get a $1 mail-in rebate, several coupons for other products, an invitation to apply for a Home Depot credit card, another invitation to participate in a "brief" telephone survey, and the Reader's Digest version of War And Peace. I folded it up and put it in my wallet, but then I couldn't get my wallet in my pocket.

Weren't we supposed to be a "paperless society" by now? And where the hell is my jet pack?

No comments:

Post a Comment