Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Monday, September 17, 2018

My TV Ad Rolls On


My 30 seconds of fame is lingering.  The Cordray for Governor campaign ad is still in fairly heavy rotation, running on everything from college football games to The Weather Channel to MSNBC.  It received an "Ad Watch" write-up in the local paper.  Their analysis did not include any Pinocchios.

Friends, family and acquaintances across the state have noticed the spot.  Reaction has been quite positive, although some conservatives limit their comments to "You look good" (which is still code for "You're not dead yet!").



One neighbor, a retired dentist, rang my doorbell yesterday to tell me that he'd just seen the ad and, although he generally despises all political advertising, he thought this one was "the best he'd ever seen."  He told me he normally votes Republican, but in this case I had swayed him and he'd be voting for the Democrat Richard Cordray. 

How about that?  One vote at a time.  I'll take credit for that one, and let's hope there are others.

Also, I note with some pleasure that Columbus gajillionaire businessman Les Wexner (The Limited, Victoria's Secret, Abercrombie & Fitch, Lane Bryant, Bath & Body Works, etc.) recently renounced the Republican Party, saying "I won't support this nonsense anymore."  He declared himself to be an independent.

I approve of Wexner's decision, but alas, I can't take credit for it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment