Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Another Good Reason To Hate The Cowboys


The Dallas Cowboys, that is.  "America's Team."  Haughty media darlings.  The world's most valuable sports franchise.  Famous for missile-titted cheerleaders and a gee-whiz retractable-roof stadium with a gigantic video monitor.  Owned and operated by the ego-maniacal, face-lifted oil and gas magnate Jerral "Jerry" Jones.  Those Cowboys.

I've hated the prima donna Cowboys forever, and now I have another good reason.  Jones believes the team's players and coaches are essentially chattel -- he can do with them what he pleases, and can dictate their actions and even their posture.

Herr Jerr has just decreed that any Dallas player who "disrespects the flag . . . will not play.  Period."  My way or the highway.

Jones is just another right-wing shithead (and million-dollar Trump donor) who is completely missing the point.

I hope the whole team kneels for the anthem next Sunday.  Whatcha gonna do then, Jerry?

Do it again, 'Boys!


No comments:

Post a Comment