Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Saturday, April 15, 2017

"So I Got That Goin' For Me"


Yesterday, I received the nice email below from my nephew Chris, who lives in Charlotte with his wife Meg and their two kids.  He shared my cancer diagnosis and treatment with Meg's great aunt, Sister Miriam, who I remember fondly from back in 2012.

http://bustergammons.blogspot.com/2012/04/wedding-my-new-little-sister-and-nice.html

Here's Chris's email:

I hope you don't mind that I shared your current situation with Meg's great aunt Miriam, the nun from Louisville. You might remember talking to her at our wedding. She is now 93 and continues to amaze us - she recounted to me the conversation the two of you had in the bus on the way to our reception and remarked on your shared interest in history.

She wanted me to assure you of her concern and prayers for your improved health. In fact, your name has been entered into a book at the convent and you now have the entire order of the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth praying for you! (plus a smaller contingent of non-Catholics here in Charlotte). You should feel those healing vibes coming your way shortly. Enjoy!

-Chris

I'm not a religious person, but as I told him, I'll take it and I'm honored to have an entire order of nuns praying for me!  

"So I got that goin' for me, which is nice." -- Carl Spackler, groundskeeper in Caddyshack.


No comments:

Post a Comment