Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Whew! A Close One For Kim Jong-un


North Korean leader Kim Jong-un has been reelected.  It was a close contest.  Initially, the North Korean media reported that Lil Kim took 100% of the vote, but this was incorrect.  Actually, he got 112% of the vote!

This vote percentage topped the 110% received in 1994 by his father, the late Kim Jong-Il.  It did not, however, beat the all-time North Korean record of 113% of the vote taken by his grandfather Kim Il-sung in the election of 1954.

Kim Jong-un nonetheless declared himself quite please with the result and said he hoped to do even better next time:  "Maybe I launch a couple more missiles, kill a couple more uncles, have Rodman come over couple more times, I get 114% and new record for me!  Oh boy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment