Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Tuesday, February 11, 2014

You've Been Web-Punk'd, Asshole!


Heinous ass-hat Gary James
Homophobic racist Gary James is the Enid, Oklahoma bar owner who's in the early lead for Asshole of the Year.  His recent hate-filled TV interview went viral (you can see it in my "Damn! There Goes the Neighborhood!" post of 2/9/14) and has now earned him a lot of unwanted attention.  Good!

According to the Huffington Post, the bar's Facebook and Yelp pages, which had fewer than 10 reviews each last week, are now packed with hundreds of comments, many of which label Gary's Chicaros Club as one of the best gay bars in northern Oklahoma.

"Ask for Gay-ry!  He's faaaaaabuuuulouths!" wrote one Yelp reviewer.  "Like, I mean, O-M-G, awethsome!"

"This is the best gay bar in Oklahoma!" remarked one Facebook reviewer.  "Although I must say Gary is far from subtle . . . the way he struts around in his sparkly pink man-kini made me a tad uncomfortable."

Another reviewer fake-complained, "I thought place was going to be cheap.  But I went on 'All-Male Revue' night, and I had to whip out all my singles."

No comments:

Post a Comment