Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Harold Ramis (1944-2014)


Like Joni said, sometimes you don't know what ya got 'til it's gone.

Starting as a freelance writer for the Chicago Daily News, Harold Ramis moved on to be a joke reviewer for Playboy, and then became a driving force in comedic entertainment.  Whether as writer, actor, director or producer, Ramis had a hand in a lot of the funniest material ever presented.  Roll credits . . .

Second City Improv (actor), National Lampoon Radio Hour (writer, actor), SCTV (head writer, actor), Animal House (writer), Meatballs (writer, producer), Stripes (writer, actor, producer), Ghostbusters (writer, actor, producer), National Lampoon's Vacation (writer, director), Caddyshack (writer, director), Back To School (writer, producer), Groundhog Day (writer, director, producer), Analyze This (writer, director), The Office (director), Year One (writer, director, producer).

Animal House



"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son."






Meatballs






"It just doesn't matter!  It just doesn't matter!"









Stripes






"Chicks dig me because I rarely wear underwear, and when I do, it's usually something unusual."









Ghostbusters







"He slimed me."






Caddyshack





"Big hitter, the Lama.  Long."









Back To School








"Bring us a pitcher of beer every 7 minutes until somebody passes out.  Then bring one every 10 minutes."











Groundhog Day


"I have been stabbed, shot, poisoned, frozen, hung, electrocuted and burned, and every morning I wake up without a scratch on me, not a dent in the fender.  I am an immortal.  I'm a god."







Analyze This







"OK, I was gonna whack you, but I was real conflicted about it."











Year One




"You're a virgin by choice?  Ha!  Not your choice!"





National Lampoon's Vacation

"I think you're all fucked in the head!  We're 10 hours from the fucking fun park and you want to bail out.  Well, I'll tell you something.  This is no longer a vacation.  It's a quest -- a quest for fun!  We're all gonna have so much fucking fun we're gonna need plastic surgery to remove our goddam smiles!  You'll be whistling 'Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah' out of your assholes!"



No comments:

Post a Comment