Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Monday, March 18, 2013

Comment On "My Gun Is Cute" And My Reply


A comment received on Buster's "My Gun Is Cute, Sexy, Feminine and Fun" (my post of  3/11/13 in which I decry the sleazy marketing of firearms), and my reply:

  1. Speaking of think pink, my sister just bought a pink handgun... How chic!
    ReplyDelete


  2. Dear BM -- Oh, ha-ha.  Your sister is not chic, she is an idiot. Statistics conclusively show that guns in the home add to violence and danger, they don't prevent it. Guns in the home are far more likely to be used in anger than in self-defense. I hope your sister doesn't accidentally shoot her own tits off!
    ReplyDelete
     
Note to readers: "BM" (what an appropriate acronym!) does not have a sister.  "BM" is not a human being, but is instead a website for a company engaged in the despicable practice of selling handguns and accessories specifically to women. Their marketing is a combination of fear and fashion, a pastel-colored lie.

These sort of website robo-replies are oddly interesting, and Buster gets them every now and then. I wonder what they're trying to accomplish.


No comments:

Post a Comment