Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Friday, February 24, 2012

Another Great Excuse! It's Political Genius!



Last night at yet another Republican primary debate, CNN's John King asked Mitt Romney a simple softball question. ("What's the biggest misconception about you?") In his response, Romney went off on a completely non-answer tangent, just spewing boiler-plate bullshit. King called him on it and again asked him to answer the question.

A snotty Romney replied, "You get to ask the questions you want, I get to give the answers I want." (And they do not in any way have to be related!)

This could be good -- an important new philosophy that frees us up from damn near everything!

Wife's question to husband: "Dear, have you always been faithful to me?"

Husband's answer to wife: "I prefer New England clam chowder to the Manhattan style."

No comments:

Post a Comment