Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Thursday, March 19, 2015

Another Dozen Of The Best Things Anybody Ever Said



"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." -- Winston Churchill











"You can't buy love, but you can pay heavily for it." -- Henny Youngman 












"They say such nice things about people at their funerals that it makes me sad to realize I'm going to miss mine by just a few days." -- Garrison Keillor





"When speaking, be sincere, be brief, and be seated." -- Franklin Delano Roosevelt











"If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of car payments." -- Flip Wilson











"He has no enemies, but is intensely disliked by his friends." -- Oscar Wilde












"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand." -- Kurt Vonnegut












"If you can't be kind, at least be vague." -- Judith Martin












"One nice thing about egotists -- they don't talk about other people."  -- George Carlin











"Almost every wise saying has an opposite one, no less wise, to balance it." -- George Santayana











"A lie is an abomination unto the Lord and a very present help in time of trouble." -- Adlai Stevenson











"I'm not afraid to die.  I just don't want to be there when it happens." -- Woody Allen












http://bustergammons.blogspot.com/2012/04/dozen-of-best-things-anybody-ever-said.html

No comments:

Post a Comment