Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Thursday, November 13, 2014

"Now When It Comes To The Climate, I'm Not A Scientist . . ."




At the APEC Summit, the U.S. and China reached a surprising and historic agreement on the climate and pollution, promising significant reductions greenhouse gas emissions.  It's really kinda of a big deal, and step in the right direction.  (China has never agreed to a damn thing before.)

Naturally, the Republicans were of one mind (or, as some call it, sharing a brain).

Mitch McConnell:  "I'm not a scientist, but it's an ideological war on coal."
John Boehner:  "I'm not a scientist, but it's a jobs-killer."
James Inhofe, soon-to-be Chairman of the Senate Environment Committee:  "I'm not a scientist, but global warming is a hoax."



No comments:

Post a Comment