Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Strange Bedfellows


The GOP's Health Deform Act is in serious jeopardy thanks to opposition from the so-called Freedom Caucus.  These are hard-rock Tea Bag Republican congressmen who refuse to toe the party line.  There are 20-some of them and they're the stupidest, most unreasonable reps in the U.S. House.

And strangely, for the moment, I'm with 'em!  Go, assholes!

Of course, our motivations are quite different.  I'm opposed to the Ryan plan because it's cruel and punitive and will harm millions of Americans.  The Freedom Caucus doorknobs are opposed to it because it's not cruel, punitive and harmful enough!

But if their opposition is enough to gum up the works, I'm all for it.  Stay strong, you lunatics!

My temporary new BFF's Jim Jordan and Mark Meadows,
Freedom Caucus nitwits

No comments:

Post a Comment