Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Monday, November 9, 2015

Everything's Bigger In Texas


It was a big ballot issue.  A week ago, the good citizens of Houston shot down a wide-ranging anti-discrimination ordinance because it included the phrase "gender identity."  This somehow overshadowed everything else and convinced most of the goobers that our god-given, all-American potty etiquette had gone straight to hell.  Men peeing sitting down!  Women peeing standing up!  LGBT people peeing sideways!  And everyone sharing bathroom facilities, without border walls (as The Lord Donald Trump intended)!!  OMG!!  That is pre-verted!  It's the end of civilization.  Vote NO!

"When I'm wearin' this here camo-cap,
I can sneak into any ladies room and
ain't nobody gonna see me."
I've spent my entire life sharing bathroom facilities with the opposite gender.  I'll bet you have, too.  I'm unaware of any negative consequences.

Everything's bigger in Texas.  Especially the fear.



No comments:

Post a Comment