Welcome to Buster's Blog

Irregular commentary on whatever's on my mind -- politics, sports, current events, and life in general. After twenty years of writing business and community newsletters, fifteen years of fantasy baseball newsletters, and two years of email "columns", this is, I suppose, the inevitable result: the awful conceit that someone might actually care to read what I have to say. Posts may be added often, rarely, or never again. As always, my mood and motivation are unpredictable.

Buster Gammons















Thursday, September 10, 2015

Thanks A Lot, John McCain!


Senator McCain, I didn't vote for you in 2008, but I know you're a mostly decent guy and former POW and all that.  I'd probably enjoy having a beer with you.  Even so, I'll never forgive you for opening Pandora's Box and inflicting Sarah Palin upon the world.  You bastard!

Two recent examples of Palin at her best/worst:

A few days ago, Sister Sarah called on Ohio Gov. John Kasich to support a stupid, horrible bill under consideration in the Ohio legislature which would ban all abortions of Down Syndrome fetuses.  No one knows what Kay-suck will do with this hot potato, but a good rule of thumb is:  When Sarah Palin asks you to do something, don't do it.  Whatever she's in favor of, be opposed to it.  Follow that advice and you can't go wrong.

Then at yesterday's anti-Iran deal "rally" in D.C. (a.k.a. the weekly meeting of the Ignorant Tight-Ass Club), Sarah took the stage, opened her mouth, and the following incredibly incomprehensible word-salad fell out:


Sarah Palin confounds Rachel Maddow - 'Tell me... by ewillies

Huh?  What?

So, thanks a lot, John McCain!  Thanks a friggin' lot. 


No comments:

Post a Comment